Make-Up Air Units

Grid  List 

Products per page

In every commercial or restaurant kitchen ventilation system, the same amount of air that is ventilated out must be replaced by fresh air that comes back in. This is accomplished via a make-up air unit. If a proper air balance isn’t maintained, the building pressure can become negative causing problems such as poor exhaust fan performance or grease and smoke spillage from the hood.

A full-service commercial kitchen cannot rely solely on their HVAC system to supply all of the necessary air to maintain balanced kitchen airflow, so a make-up air unit is needed. Typically, 80% of your makeup air will come from a make up air unit, and the other 20% will come from your building’s HVAC system. HoodFilters.com supplies top of the line make-up air units to give your kitchen ventilation system balanced airflow.

We carry a variety of commercial makeup air fans and filters to cover all your restaurant’s make-up air and HVAC needs; and we offer both tempered and untemepered units. A tempered, or heated, make up air unit is recommended anywhere the winter temperature falls below freezing, including the northern half of the United States and all of Canada. It is best to check with your local city/state regulations to determine if you need a heated make up air unit, but they are generally recommended anywhere north of the Mason Dixon line.

Our kitchen make-up air units have a compact, open drip-proof and weatherproof design with an optional sloped filtered intake. They provide makeup air for a variety of commercial and institutional kitchen applications and are available in capacities from 2000 to 5500 CFM for 10”, 12”, 15” and 18” blowers. Our commercial makeup air units are designed in compliance with NFPA 96 fire codes and are industry leading in performance and durability for commercial kitchen applications. All of our make-up air units are ETL and UL listed.

Food Trucks and trailers also need make-up air replacement. For food truck applications we recommend the Economy Make-Up Air Fan with 14” Wheel that can be installed on top the roof of your truck.

In addition to providing necessary replacement air, a kitchen makeup air unit can also help keep cooking odors in the kitchen and out of your dining room. Kitchen makeup air units increase kitchen operation efficiency by reducing energy consumption, minimizing wear and tear on your exhaust hood and maintaining a comfortable working environment for your employees.

At HoodFilters.com we offer a wide selection of commercial kitchen makeup air fans for your restaurant’s air ventilation system.

Call HoodFilters.com today to learn more about our selection of commercial makeup air units.

Page: